PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Lead Programmer who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
With over 2,000 staff across the world, Virtuos is one of the largest and most recognized game developers in the industry. Since 2004, Virtuos has contributed to hundreds of games on all major platforms. Our track record is full of achievements. Virtuos has worked with 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft) by contributing to many of their largest AAA, New-Gen titles as well as shipping over 10 co-developed titles each year in recent years. Virtuos aims at being the Number One game development partner by providing the best games and art to developers and publishers worldwide.
Our Kuala Lumpur studio located in Bangsar South is a new and upcoming studio led by Malaysians with decades-long AAA industry experience. Come be part of an exciting time for the studio, where you have a direct impact on shaping the future of the team and its culture.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, write technical design Code of the project including network synchronization, AI, render effect and etc.
- Profiling code to optimize software components of a game, research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques. Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Helping Game Producers in allocating the Game Developers according to task complexity and employees skills
- Assigning, planning and tracking tasks completion according to requirements (e.g., type of work & schedule) provided by Game Producers and common work agreements with the different departments
- Reporting to Game Producers on daily basis ETA on tasks completions, team composition and issues regarding team members Helping her/his fellow team members when issues arise such as bugs, close deadlines, amount of work to be performed, urgent changes implementation, etc.
- Reporting immediately to the Technical Director regarding any blockages, unresolved issues and other impediments to the production.
- Helping to analyze and/or create technical design documentation for project(s) they are handling
- Studying game code and identifies the processes required for the team to be able to quickly create builds;
- Studying new platforms with the Technical Director to ensure that teams will be able to create builds, Implement features, and utilize device features;
- Monitoring code implementation and makes sure that the teams are following correct coding conventions and proper commenting of their code
- Safeguarding build deliverables by implementing a code lock to ensure that deliverables maintain quality
- Evaluating members of his/her team, identifying strengths, problem areas (i.e. lack of skills, attendance issues, attitude problems
- Know the inter-dependencies between systems in an Application.
- Aware of (ripple) effects from any kind of changes, both code and data
- Aware of the importance of code quality, performance and memory
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM
- Experience in platform specific APIs
- Supervision/Management experience
- Experience in AI, Graphics and Rendering
- Creativity and innovation in professional terms
- Ability to multi-task, conflict resolution and problem solving ability
- Good co-ordination skill and communication skills keep composure under pressure
- Good communication skills in English and able to work in English-speaking working environment
- 7+ working experience of in games industry is required and Proficiency with C++ programming skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- All applications MUST include a CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading video game development company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States. With over 2,000 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 1,300 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide.