Lead Technical Artist
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers in recent years and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking a Lead Technical Artist who can join our leadership team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
What you will do
Lead Technical Artist manages day-to-day work of all Technical Artists, providing clear guidance and instructions and promptly communicating important information to all team members. Work close with Art Directors and Producers to discover any possible ways to improve the quality and efficiency of artists’ work
Lead Technical Artist is responsible for Technical Artists team’s growth and development; identifies areas important for Art Department development and makes sure his team members are improving their skills or doing research in these areas. Coaches his team members by demonstrating the best approaches in solving technical issues related to art production.
- Receives requests from ADs and Producers for new tools or technical support
- Assign Technical artists into projects
- Supervise work of all Technical Artists in his team
- Identify important areas for research
- Evaluate Technical Artists’ performance and provide them with feedback
- Prepare training materials when needed
- Keep Technical Artists’ motivation and morale at a high level.
- Make compliance with company rules
- Suggest practices and techniques which can help improve quality or efficiency
- Pipeline checking
- After receiving materials from the client, Art Director may ask Technical Artist to review tools which client wants us to use; check if we can install them and test if they are working properly. In case of any problems he must report to Art Director and Producer; clearly explain what problem we have; prepare screenshots illustrating the problem and be ready to communicate with the client if necessary and take initiatives to solve the problem as soon as possible. If need be, the Technical Artist should ask IT Manager for help to review certain hardware tools required by Clients.
- Checklist elaboration
- Technical Artist must participate in checklist creation ensuring all necessary technical points were included.
- Briefing meeting with Art Director, pipeline training
- Depending on the complexity of pipeline, the Technical Artist may need to create tutorials or other teaching materials for artists and present them to the art team during the brief meeting before the project start.
- Pipeline setup
- After brief meeting Technical Artist must install all necessary tools on every artist’s computer; test if they are working; resolve problems if he meets any; notify Art Director and Producer if he can’t fix them.
- Technical accurateness of deliveries controlling
- During the workflow, the Technical Artist must control if all artists are following the project checklist and using the correct tools. When the asset is ready from an art point of view, the Technical Artist must check it for technical accurateness according to the checklist.
All applications must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and any relevant documentation.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading video game development company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States. With over 2,000 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 1,300 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at our website.