PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Lead Programmer - Lyon who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position
With over 2,000 staff, Virtuos is one of the largest and most recognized game developers. Since 2004, Virtuos has contributed to hundreds of games on all major platforms.
Our track record is full of achievements. Virtuos has worked with 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft...) by contributing to many of their largest AAA, New-Gen titles as well as shipping over 10 co-developed titles each year in recent years. Virtuos aims at being the Number One game development partner by providing the best games and art to developers and publishers worldwide.
Virtuos Lyon, France is actively looking for Lead Programmers to contribute to a great unannounced AAA video games for PC and consoles.
What we offer:
- Open and collaborative employee culture.
- Located in the heart of Lyon.
- Partial work from home possible.
- Overseas work opportunities.
- Healthcare plan.
- Team buildings and company activities.
- Complimentary drinks.
- And more...
- Guide a team of engine programmers.
- Collaborate closely with the Producer and other team members.
- Implement Agile methodology.
- Make sure the team delivers clean, clearly structured and commented code.
- Ensure documentation is up to date.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior programmers.
- Plan ahead, identify risks and make sure the team deliver on time.
- Perform other related duties.
Must have qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years in game programming, preferably on AAA console titles.
- Credited with at least one game launch in programming role or Lead Programmer.
- Proficient in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Ability to jump into large, existing code bases.
- French and English both written and spoken.
- Strong communication skills.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Team player attitude!
Nice to have qualifications:
- An in-depth experience with C++ programming in Unreal Engine 4.
- Good understanding of code impact on performance and memory utilization.