Lead Lighting Artist
PLAY, GROW and WIN:
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Lead Lighting Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position:
Lead Lighting Artist is responsible for interpreting ideas communicated by the Client or Virtuos Art Director and managing all aspects of a lighting creation from concept to completion. Grow team of lighting artists and develop abilities of each individual.
- Understand client’s needs and prepare clear briefing materials for in house lighting artists.
- Manage communication with clients about artistic and technical matters.
- Provide artistic supervision throughout production process.
- Anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Identify and set up best practices of lighting workflow.
- Work with R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency.
- Prioritize, plan and assign tasks to their team members.
- Manage personal development, performance and morale of in house Lighting artists.
- Manage team performance evaluations.
- At least 5 years of professional Lighting experience in game or film industry.
- Have a minimum of one successfully shipped title.
- Experience in leading a team of 5-10 Lighting artists.
- Experience in creating and optimizing Lighting pipelines.
- Adaptability to various aesthetic and styles ranging from AAA photorealism to stylized cartoon.
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.