PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Junior Animator who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- Realistic and stylized facial animation of emotionally driven characters for a AAA game.
- Realistic and stylized body animation from Motion Capture and Hand Key.
- Realistic animation of photorealistic characters using motion capture data, with the ability to push and embellish character emotion and storytelling.
- Ability to communicate emotional arcs and tell a story through nuanced facial performance and character acting.
- Ability to learn new programs and pipelines quickly and effectively. (Experience in Faceware or Dynamixyz is a plus but not required).
- Proactive and driven, seeking out tasks remaining to be finished and actively seeking opportunities to learn.
- Open to learning and implementing technical processes and pipelines in the animation process to be able to get to a first pass, so more time can be spent on detailed animation clean up.
- Strong communicator and collaborator, able to work efficiently with a team.
- Highly organized and diligent, able to meet quick deadlines while producing high-quality animation.
- Strong technical abilities using and animating in Autodesk Maya (Maya experience required).
- Strong character animation background, including dialogue and emotionally driven work.
- 1+ years of experience in facial animation or dialogue and emotion-driven animation and/or 1+ years of experience in body animation including advanced motion (fighting, etc.). facial animation experience or more, experience with FACS, plus if you have experience with Faceware of Dynamixyz
- Experience working in video games is a plus, especially in Cinematic Animation.
- Must be able to provide a demo reel or examples of professional work with a breakdown of your contributions to the shots, and an accompanying resume.
- Solid sense of storytelling, emotion, and character development.
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve problems and resolve any hurdles that present themselves while working to create the best animation possible.
People matter. Diverse opinions and experiences matter. At Virtuos, our talented teams are the cornerstone of our success, and we recognize that fostering and advocating for inclusivity is at the center of what we do best - we make games better, together. Virtuos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of thought, expression, culture, and backgrounds.