PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers in recent years and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking a Gameplay Programmer who can join our leadership team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
The Gameplay Engineer is in charge of the main character(s), camera and controls development. As such he/she is an important bridge between game design, data and programming teams. He/she will work on a AAA FPS on current gen consoles (X-Box One, PS4) and PC. The Gameplay Programmer reports to the Lead Engineer on the project.
- Implement camera, controls and main character behaviours according to design specifications,
- Test and debug and optimise code, communicate with QA to provide test information,
- Research new algorithms and techniques,
- Build solid and maintainable code,
- Can manage a team of GPP/Ai programmers,
- Can run code review for jr GPP/Ai programmers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering.
- Excellent level in C + + and C#,
- Five years of console or PC/ Console game-dev experience with Unreal engine,
- Excellent knowledge of 3D math,
- Experience with Python is a plus,
- Ability to write robust, maintainable code,
- Strong communications skills,
- Good command of English,
- Passionate about games, and game development,
- Can work under high pressure: good problem solving, good coordination and communication skills.
All applications must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and any relevant documentation.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading video game development company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States. With over 2,000 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 1,300 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at our website.