With over 2,000 staff, Virtuos is one of the largest and most recognized game developers. Since 2004, Virtuos has contributed to hundreds of games on all major platforms.
Our track record is full of achievements. Virtuos has worked with 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft...) by contributing to many of their largest AAA, New-Gen titles as well as shipping over 10 co-developed titles each year in recent years. Virtuos aims at being the Number One game development partner by providing the best games and art to developers and publishers worldwide.
Our French studio located in Cergy is specialized in co-development on Xbox, PlayStation and PC platforms, and contributed to Batman - Return to Arkham (2016), L.A. Noire: The V.R. Case Files (2017), Vampyr (2018), Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered (2019), The Outer Worlds (2019), Marvel’s Avengers (2020) and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (2020).
For on-going and unannounced projects, we are looking for a programmer to work on versatile and various productions focused on engine programming missions on PC or console at first, extendable to game engine features implementation, optimization, visual system improvement or integration of cutting-edge technologies.
By joining teams of passionate people, the first mission will be to develop a broad rework of a garbage collection system to make level streaming system reach the optimal efficiency in a brand new dense open-world game of a renowned client, targeting latest-gen consoles and PCs.
- Implement various features within the game engine according to the guidelines specified by the technical director and under the supervision of the lead programmer;
- If needed, develop functionalities in graphics parts, game systems or tools;
- Get involved in the technical architecture defined for the game engine;
- Provide with his in-depth expertise in system programming and share it with the whole team;
- Collaborate with other team members and other development, art or production teams, whatever local or remote;
- Make propositions to improve existing functionalities, for the sake of the final quality of the game;
- Deliver a clean, clearly commented and structured code, in respect of the suitable conditions of performance and reliability;
- Integrate in game when necessary any delivered asset (characters, environments, props, animations, cut-scenes, UIs, sounds, special effects, etc.);
- Investigate and solve bugs identified in the source code (even written by other developers);
- Profile performance or memory troubles and solve them by bringing appropriate optimizations;
- Make sure the provided work result fit the expected quality;
- Report the work in progress and deliver the achieved result on time, along with any information needed to use it properly;
- When necessary, write a technical document explaining the developed or studied system.
Must have qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years in engine programming in video game industry or any other domain related to real time application;
- Familiar with low-level system programming;
- Familiar with modern game engine architectures;
Familiar with usual third-party middleware (PhysX, Simplygon, Wwise, Bink, etc.);
- Mastery in C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Excellent understanding of the code impact on performance and memory utilization;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, French and English both written and spoken.
Nice to have qualifications
- Comfortable in optimization field;
- An in-depth experience in development with Unreal Engine 4;
- Credited in one released game at least.
Permanent contract located at Cergy, France. Partial work from home possible.
What we offer
- Open and collaborative employee culture;
- Team buildings and company activities;
- Healthcare plan;
- Work from home possible;
- Oversee work opportunities;
- Located in a green campus near RER;
- Meal allowance;
- Videogames and board-games library;
- Complimentary drinks;
- And more...