Data Manager (MY)
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm for exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Data Manager who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
As a Data Manager, you need to provide critical support to all game projects within the studio, ensure the smooth operation of vital software services, perform key data operations and provide help-desk troubleshooting for our project development environment.
- You will assure the process of creating and distributing versions;
- You will co-operate with members from different departments to automate the building process, and improve the efficiency of production throughout the project;
- You will access and manage all project data;
- You will be responsible for setup and maintain the continuous integration system;
- You may possibly be required to develop tools or scripts for the needs of the project;
- Provide a support role for production tools to users within the studio and its projects;
- Provide Perforce end-user support for multiple projects alongside back-end administration of Perforce instances including branch management and integration support.
- Identify tool support requirements for projects and proactively discuss requirements with the Tools Team
- Provide project pipeline support including workstation configuration and tool configuration;
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the production pipelines and tools and provide up-to-date documentation on workflow methods, pipeline systems within a centralized accessible location;
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices;
- Responsible for the consistency of data and versions;
- Deliver game builds for external contacts at the request of Production;
- Support production in the preparation of submission material.
- Graduates from computer science, the management, or related majors;
- Basic knowledge of programming languages;
- Ability to analyze problems and quickly deploy effective solutions;
- Willingness and ability to write document, scripts and maintain tools;
- Good English skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills;
- A rigorous and structured approach with strong problem-solving skills;
- A proactive attitude and resourceful nature;
- Ability to work calmly, considered and with purpose under pressure;
- Technical competency in understanding the intricacies of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other avenues for improvement;
- An interest in safekeeping and organizing data with strong work ethics around this.
- Previous experience in game development
- Experience on version control software, such as Subversion, Mercurial, and Perforce
- Experience on continuous integration systems, such as Cruise Control, Jenkins, and Bamboo
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for game development
All applications must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume, and any relevant documentation.
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading video game development company with operations in Singapore, China, Vietnam, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Ireland and the United States. With over 2,000 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and 3D art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenue and achieve operational efficiency.