PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Concept Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position
VIRTUOS IS EXPANDING IN MONTREAL! JOIN ONE OF THE LARGEST AND MOST RECOGNIZED CREATORS OF VIDEOGAME AND BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE CONTENT IN THE WORLD.
As a talented artist, you are eager to create high-quality concepts in a wide range of styles across various platforms and genres. You can interpret art briefs with ease, and are able to make meaningful contributions to the creation of key art content through all stages of the production cycle.
As a skilled concept artist, you have strong foundational art training and you are curious about advanced concept art methods and techniques. You are very open and receptive to art direction feedback, critique and coaching. You are motivated for continued learning in all skills that contribute to your growth as a key member of the team.
As a team player, you are good at communication (both verbal and written) and you understand the importance of strong collaboration within the team, both local and global. You can adapt easily when faced with tight deadlines and quick iteration requests.
As a problem-solver, you have solid design comprehension and are able to propose creative solutions and ideas in your concepts. You will apply these skills in creating quality concepts primarily during pre-production stages such as visual development, ideation, layout/design sketches and various exploratory concepts for environments, characters, props and vehicles.
Being part of our new Virtuos studio in Montreal, you will be an important foundational member, and you are enthusiastic at the unique opportunity in contributing to the culture of this new team.
Reporting to the Studio Manager and supported by the Montreal Studio Lead Concept Artist(s) and global Production team,
Virtuos Montreal's Concept Artist will be responsible for:
- Creating high-end concept art for environments, characters, props and vehicles to various levels of polish and within varied time constraints
- Creating quick sketches and exploratory concepts for ideation and to establish mood or style
- Solving problems by proposing creative ideas and solutions
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm for continued learning and growth
- Excellent Creativity in ideas and storytelling through visual imagery
- Strong foundational art skills: Anatomy, Lighting and Form, Composition, Perspective, Architecture
- Strong design skills: Industrial, Mechanical, Functional
- Technical skills: Photoshop (expert-level), 3D and VR for production workflow is a plus
- Ability to work remotely on occasion and be self-managed
- Ability to accept and incorporate feedback through various stages of production
- Versatility in producing art in various different styles
- Good knowledge of past, current and upcoming videogame trends
- Good knowledge of influential films
- 1 to 4 years of prior work experience
- Legal authorization to work in Canada and located in Quebec
Virtuos Montreal is offering a competitive package that includes flexible working hours and work-from-home possibilities, bonuses, extended healthcare, focused training with industry experts, among many other benefits and perks!