Advanced Concept Artist
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Advanced Concept Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position
As an Advanced Concept Artist, you will be setting the visual bar for a variety of project styles, ranging from cutting edge next-gen console games to mobile platform social games. You will be interpreting feedback and solving design issues, turning these into best practices for your project groups.
Our team is responsible for facilitating the smooth transition between concept to 3D for a vast amount of a clients worldwide, providing us with new exciting challenges and opportunities for innovation in design and execution.
- Create Concept Art that serves as quality benchmarks for other junior and advanced concept artists. This may include (but is not limited to) concepts for environments, characters, props, weapons, vehicles and various other visual development design needs.
- Establish art production pipelines in coordination with Art Director and clients, in projects of different styles, genres and platforms.
- Ensure technical formatting and artistic quality of deliverables through iterative development and process-driven improvement.
- Advise and communicate with Art Director and Art Leads regarding artistic and technical matters pertaining to external projects and in-house projects.
- Participate in recruitment and training of new talent in building a strong and versatile team.
- More than 4 years’ experience as a concept artist in the games industry. 1 or more years of experience in a position of leadership is an asset.
- High level of creativity and problem-solving skills with an ability to adapt game design considerations into art assets for 3D production and a profound understanding of how to create a visual experience that goes hand-in-hand with game play.
- Highly versatile with an ability to flexibly move between art styles with an understanding of best practices for reaching the visual target in a variety of project styles.
- Strong technical aptitude in software packages such as Photoshop, ZBrush, Blender. Knowledge of how to employ 3D production techniques into a concept workflow.
- A high proficiency in speed painting and producing iterative mockup designs, clarifying and over-painting design changes.
- Strong artistic aptitude in industrial design, life drawing, character- and environment painting backed up with a solid grasp on art fundamentals, functional design and stylization.
- Highly organized individual with an eye for details, precision and a passion for leading and mentoring. Open to sharing techniques and workflow to enhance the process efficiency and quality of art assets.
- An effective communicator capable of matching and assigning tasks to best fit individual skills and independently making sure that relevant measures are taken to maintain visual standards.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to prioritize and break down large tasks into process-oriented workflow with emphasis on timely submissions to our partners.
- College / University degree in Art related field (including architecture and industrial design) is an asset.
People matter. Diverse opinions and experiences matter. At Virtuos, our talented teams are the cornerstone of our success, and we recognize that fostering and advocating for inclusivity is at the center of what we do best - we make games better, together.