PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced 3D Character Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- Work closely with Art Director and Concept Artists to produce high quality AAA level characters and/or creatures and props for them.
- Create clean game topology, UVs, bakes and textures.
- Create hair, fur related additions.
- Skinning and implementing game assets, including unique engine-material setup.
- Collaborate with other Artists to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges facing the art team.
- Help contribute directly to conceptual ideas behind high-quality character creature art.
- Adapt to different type of projects in terms of their technical needs as well as artistic styles.
Summary of requirements:
- At least 2+ years of experience working in the video game and/or film commercial industries.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy, proportion, silhouette, clothing and its wrinkle behavior, topology and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Strong knowledge of 3D software like 3DS Max or Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer etc.
- Understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, skinning, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Have good communication, coordination, and expression skills, and have the awareness and ability to facilitate and solve problems.
- Ability to create hair using classic planes + alpha or other methods.
- Ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
- Ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Work effectively with every department of the development process: designers, programmers, tech art, animation, etc.
- Knowledge of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines.
- Experience with PBR workflows using texturing software such as Substance Designer/Painter.
- Traditional art skills like drawing, painting or sculpting.
- Experience using more advanced in-game techniques for hair and fur creation (Nvidia Hairworks, UE groom editor, etc).
- Rigging skills.
- Basic knowledge of character animation.
- Mockup animation cleanup, preparation and integration.