The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us to help develop the next diablo game!
The Vicarious Visions team is looking for a Technical Designer who has a passion for improving designer pipelines and workflows. They are committed to learning, have a collaborative attitude, and are always asking “how can we make it better?”
As a Technical Designer you will provide technical and creative support to the Design teams. Helping to facilitate the efficient creation of clean and performant content. As an advocate for Designer workflows, you will collaborate with multiple disciplines to come up with the best solution to hard problems and champion the idea to completion. You will also simplify overly complex content, build and maintain designer tools, review content, create standards and best practices, troubleshoot, teach and mentor.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with design, engineering, art, QA, and production
- Champion designer workflow improvements
- Analyze existing workflows and tools to determine needed improvements
- Work with engineering to request and refine workflow and tool changes
- Serve as a technical point of contact for content reviews, standards and best practices
- Instruct and mentor Designers on implementation, workflow and tools
- Diagnose, debug and fix content issues
- Create content and help design systems
- 3+ years as a technical designer and at least 1 shipped AAA title
- Shipped content in multiple design areas (levels, systems, encounters, UI, etc.)
- Experience in pipeline development and process improvement
- Experience in scripting or programming game content
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of design workflows in multiple game editors
- Ability to create design documents for tools and game systems
- Strong in communication and collaboration
- Experience with creating content for multiplayer online RPG games
- Previous design experience for ARPG / Open World / Multiplayer games
- Previous experience training developers on new practices
Knowledge & Skills
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — especially within the dark fantasy of Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, including
- Why you are interested in technical design
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with Diablo or other Action-RPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!