QA Tester (Temporary)
Founded in 1991, Vicarious Visions has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last. Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We’ve worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders®, Guitar Hero™, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Crash Bandicoot™, Spider-Man™ and Tony Hawk™. Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC with access to all the Northeast has to offer.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas, but also the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision.
*This position is an initial 1-year assignment with the possibility for extension.
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you will collaborate with a team of talented testers to deliver high quality AAA products to spec and on time. You will be responsible for testing a variety of software with the goal of reporting defects into a bug tracking database. Quality Assurance Testers are critical to our development process. Come join us and help raise our quality bar even higher!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Testing pre-release video games and verifying functionality, content, performance, playability, and hardware compatibility.
- Providing detailed gameplay, balance and tuning feedback as requested
- Creating organized and detailed documentation of defects and feedback in a bug tracking database
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- Verification of bug fixes
- Collaboration with QA team members and other interdisciplinary teams.
- A passion for video games and the Quality Assurance discipline
- Knowledge of industry practices and software, including but not limited to Agile and Waterfall methodologies, Scrum, MS Office programs, Task Tracking Software, etc.
- Excel in a collaborative environment
- Must be comfortable with work involving mature themes, including but not limited to content with an M rating.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to organize and manage time efficiently to help ensure the success of our teams.
- Available for 40 hours per week with the possibility of OT as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a background in an industry-related field is preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.