Vicarious Visions is looking for an exceptionally skilled lighting artist. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone and mood and possess a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on personal vision and conceptual illustrations.
- Working with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Working closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate different production constraints with various lighting techniques, and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years' video game development experience, lighting a variety of game environments
- A portfolio, or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Thorough understanding of real-time, and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player
- 1+ shipped AAA title.
- Foundation in traditional arts.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.