Sr Game Engine Engineering Lead
At Verizon Media, we connect people to their passions. With brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and more, we help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. From XR experiences to advertising and content technology, Verizon Media is an incubator of innovation and is revolutionizing the next generation of content creation in a 5G world.
- Designs and develops game engine technology based on direction or feedback from product and art director leadership
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level pipelines
- Develop familiarity with mobile and desktop details of our cross-platform ecosystem, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of delivering premium graphics in a real-time engine context
- Optimizing both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises cross-platform programming team. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; resolving problems together with department leadership
- Advanced degree in Software Engineering or Computer science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in real-time game development leadership
- Extensive experience with C/C++ and low-level graphics APIs
- Shipped at least one real-time 3D, graphically-intensive, high-frame-rate title on a portable game system (e.g. Nintendo DS/3DS/Switch, Sony PSP, mobile VR), previous-gen console (e.g. PS1/PS2/PS3, Xbox/Xbox 360, N64/GameCube/Wii), or other constrained embedded device (e.g. PowerVR arcade board)
- Strong knowledge of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques
- Cross platform development experience (iOS, Android and Web)
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or realtime visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development facilitating the leadership of programmers outside of core expertise
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics
- Experience with Data Oriented Design (especially Unity ECS/DOTS)
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Experience integrating with an external/cloud API
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form ( https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html ) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion ( https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture ) page to learn more.