UX Motion Designer
As a Motion Designer at Valve, you will join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, writers, animators and designers who are continually creating and shipping social entertainment experiences which impact the lives of millions of people. We're hoping to add your expertise in visual communication, animation, user experience, and motion design to our team.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire generalists who also exhibit deep expertise. Every designer at Valve contributes in a wide variety of ways: We define and articulate goals, we design and ship products, we storyboard and then realize visual communication in motion, we manage projects, and much more. We also recruit designers. People like you.
At Valve, our design process hits full swing once our products are in customers' hands. Our best work is the result of an ongoing dialog with customers. This is fundamental to the way we create great products. Through years of shipping software as a service through Steam, our digital distribution platform, we've learned the value of including our customers throughout the entirety of this process. With an engaged community of millions of users, you'll have opportunities to improve your work based on what you learn.
Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply following a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining Valve. We can't wait to see where you'll take us.
A portfolio of work which demonstrates
- Proven professional experience shipping extraordinary products in the software, web, TV, or film industries
- Strategic product thinking that informs your intentional, meaningful decisions
- Experience using design as a tool to solve problems in a multi-disciplinary environment
- An understanding of graphic and UI design principles (especially typography)
- Your attention to quality and detail
- Your ability to be self-critical and responsive, and to iterate based on feedback from peers, customers and data
A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in film, graphic design, interaction design, or a similar area of expertise