Steam Partner Technical Account Manager
As a Steam Partner Technical Account Manager, you're the point person for making sure that games and applications are well-integrated with Steam platform features and work properly. Developers and publishers will rely on you to assist with integration of Steamworks features, general technical issues and business decisions. The Steam client and SDK are written in C++, so a working knowledge of that language is important, as are good communication and prioritization skills and a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
Candidates that apply for this position should have at minimum 5 years of professional development experience as well as 3 years of business or product development experience.
- Supporting our community of developers and publishers, both one-on-one and through open forums.
- Enhancing the Steam store for customers and partners, by designing and implementing promotional vehicles.
- Setting and enforcing policies for partner behavior on the Steam store.
- Advocating for the best customer experience possible for games distributed on Steam.
- Advising partners about Steam opportunities and collaborating with them to integrate Steam platform features.
- Debugging problems with Steam services.
- Working with different internal groups and partners to create new Steam features, tools and initiatives.
- Writing and maintaining Steamworks documentation.
- 5 years of professional development experience as well as 3 years of business or product development experience.
- Demonstrable C++, C# or PHP development skills. You will be asked multiple problem solving and coding questions during the interview process.
- Games industry experience and knowledge. You know what's happening, what's hot, what's newsworthy and why.
- Experience presenting and working with platform SDKs, preferably game SDKs or game engines.
- Experience working with multiple external partners and customers in business development and support scenarios.