We’re looking for an experienced sound designer and/or interactive audio "integrator" who can help us create sophisticated, emotionally-compelling audio experiences for a variety of media formats and products. You’ll collaborate with a team of broadly-skilled peers to make sound a powerful element in all current and future Valve products, from multimedia ads to video game consoles, PC, and on-line gaming.
- Identifying audio opportunities and asset needs in Valve commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner
- Conceptualizing, scheduling, designing, and producing high quality audio assets in accordance with the development and testing cycle of the product
- Integrating audio in both linear and interactive forms with Valve products using proprietary software
- Managing all necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, models, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software
- Working with engineers and artists to understand and help develop cutting-edge, proprietary audio technologies
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all audio in a given product
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
- Five years of experience in:
- Professional quality audio production and all related technologies
- Game engine audio implementation technologies
- Taking a video game or linear equivalent (e.g., film) from conception and development through publication and shipment
Please include a reel with your application that includes in-game examples of your audio design and implementation. Please outline the contributions you made to the project and which parts of the reel highlight the value you added to the piece.