(Closed) Software Engineer, eSports
Responsible for the research and development of software applications related to eSports. Develop software engineering processes and applications to support international online electronic sports ("eSports") entertainment including definition of software specifications, code authorship, and code maintenance through iterative development that will support a range of eSports business goals including gameplay, broadcasting, coordination, and production. Support eSports applications, development by gathering technical requirements, developing related software, and implementing/integrating the software applications into Valve's product offerings.
What We Offer
- An organization where 100% of time is dedicated as groups see fit
- The opportunity to collaborate with experts across a range of disciplines
- A work environment and flexible schedule in support of families and domestic partnerships
- A culture eager to become stronger through diversity of all forms
- Exceptional health insurance coverage
- Unrivaled employer match for our 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and family leave
- On-site amenities in support of health and efficiency
- Fertility and adoption assistance
- Reimbursement for child care during interviews
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a directly related technical field or the foreign degree equivalent, and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in software development, including 3 years of experience building applications and tools for eSports broadcasting. Must also have 1 year of experience in each the following:
- Python including Django
Experience may be gained concurrently.
Position with Valve Corporation located in Bellevue, Washington.