Mobile Software Engineer
As a senior engineer working on mobile apps, you'll play a key role in expanding Valve's presence in the mobile space. From enabling customers to interact with the Steam platform from wherever they are to creating new gaming experiences, you'll be helping serve and grow a global audience of millions of customers.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Valve is looking for engineers with experience in the mobile space and familiarity with mobile development for iOS and Android platforms. Our apps encompass a broad range of mobile development technologies, from native Objective-C and Java apps, to cross-platform React Native, to low-level C++ game engine development.
Mobile software engineers at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways: We build and maintain software that delivers content and features across a variety of platforms to millions of customers around the world. We define and prioritize product goals derived from the work we do to understand both player and partner interests. We collaborate from project inception to detailed completion, contributing creative solutions to optimize peoples' experiences with Valve's products while mobile. We also recruit engineers like you.
- Demonstrated professional experience building mobile software
- Familiarity with developing, building, and testing using Xcode or the Android SDK tools
- Experience publishing and updating apps on App Store Connect or the Google Play Store
- A strong understanding of mobile platforms, features, graphics APIs, and performance
- Strong programming and fundamental computer science skills
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) in computer science