We're looking for an experienced Display Engineer to join our Hardware team at Valve and help us deliver world-class products to our customers. As the subject matter expert, you will work with a highly collaborative and industry-leading group that is pushing the limits of what gaming hardware can and will be. Your role will encompass all things related to the display module and require deep technical involvement as well as managing and directing our vendor partners.
- Technical lead on displays for all HW programs.
- Define and own specification and qualification.
- Lead vendor engagement to deliver product per the spec and program schedule from concept through to production. International travel as needed.
- Perform display measurements and product-level verification.
- Develop next-gen display tech by implementing novel design ideas and collaborating with vendor partners.
- Degree in EE, Physics, Optics, MS, or CS (MS, PhD preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipping products or delivering technology.
- Senior-level understanding of display technologies and applications, especially LED, OLED, polarization, and backlight.
- Experience in system integration, display driver ICs, and high-level programming skills.
- A hands-on, can-do attitude coupled with good communication and the ability to pivot quickly.
Position is located in Bellevue, WA