Valkyrie Entertainment, located in downtown Seattle, is currently looking for a UI Programmer to join our development team to help us deliver games that are high-quality, exciting, and most importantly, great player experiences!
Our debut title, Guns Up!™, published by Sony, was developed and released for Playstation 4 and Steam. We are currently developing a mid-core, stylized strategy game for mobile platforms. Besides developing games, our studio continues to co-develop games with numerous developers since 2003.
Job DescriptionThe ideal UI Programmer will help design and implement high-quality user-interfaces for our internally developed game title. Working with a small and agile team, this person will implement and iterate on the features required to create a polished end-user experience.
Daily Tasks And Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets Art and Design requirements and own the implementation process
- Architect, plan, and implement new UI systems
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing UI systems
- Rapidly build wireframes in Unity
- Work with UI/UX to rapidly iterate on feedback from playtesting and the design team
- Observe playtests and actively participate in insightful analysis of the game’s UX
- Research and propose improvements to UI processes and pipelines
- Collaborate with artists and designers to achieve their artistic vision for the UI
- Collaborate with gameplay engineers to connect functionality to the UI
- Analyze and optimize UI elements to achieve performance targets
- 3+ years as a UI Programmer with at least one shipped title on PC, console, or mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of information flow/design
- Self-starter and problem-solving mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver and receive information with an open mind and focus on product
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly turn specifications into simple playable prototypes
- An understanding and passion for gameplay, design, UX, and optimizing the end-user experience
- Strong C# / C++ skills
- Ability to write clean, performant, elegant, readable, extendable, and well commented code
- Excellent work ethic, communication skills, and experience working effectively in a small agile team
- Unity Experience
- At least one shipped Mobile title as UI Programmer
- Experience with Scaleform, Flash, Actionscript, or similar.
- Strong skills with 2D art design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Ability to work full time in our Seattle, WA studio
Check out our website.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.