Gameplay Systems Engineer
Valkyrie Entertainment, located in downtown Seattle, is currently looking for a Gameplay Systems Engineer to join our development team to help us deliver games that are high-quality, exciting, and most importantly, great player experiences!
Our debut title, Guns Up!™, published by Sony, was developed and released for Playstation 4 and Steam. We are currently partnered with a AAA studio co-developing a multiplayer co-op action game in Unreal 4.
As a Gameplay Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for fully scoping, creating, and supporting core gameplay systems. You have experience doing what it takes to get a game running smoothly, have built an arsenal of demonstrable code, and thrive on solving challenges before others have even identified them.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write well architected, extensible, and performant code that will be seen on millions of devices.
- Scope, communicate, and execute on deep design-driven mechanics.
- Own the overall gameplay architecture, identify risks, and communicate every step of the way.
- Ensure delivery of all scheduled tasks.
- Write and maintain documentation with architectural diagrams for all created systems.
- 3+ years of game development experience on PC, console, or mobile titles.
- Experience delivery high-quality AI, audio, navigation, economy, IO or other related systems.
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable coding ability in C++ / Blueprints.
- Demonstrable ability to scope all work from concept to delivery.
- Attention for detail and correctness.
- Self-starting projects, and knowing when to pull the plug.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
- Previous experience using Unreal 4 Engine
- Experience working with designers and/or creative leads.
- Experience working in an online / multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a plus.