Valkyrie Entertainment is an independent game developer and service provider in Seattle. Since 2002, the company has been providing content and co-development for some of the most well-respected developers in the industry including major contributions to award-winning games such as God of War and League of Legends.
Our debut title, Guns Up!™, published by Sony, was developed and released for Playstation 4 and Steam, reaching over 4 million players. We are currently developing a unannounced strategy title.
As an Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating environments in tight collaboration with designers and other artists. Ideal candidates are technically minded and able to work in engines as well as create high-quality props & textures.
Daily tasks and Responsibilities
- Translate concept art and design ideas into game environments
- Collaborate within the team to design and layout gameplay spaces
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in a given amount of time
- Create props, architecture, and terrain models, textures, and materials
- Layout levels from white-box through final set dressing and lighting
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar of the studio
- Assist in estimating work scope for on-time milestone deliveries
- 3+ years of AAA game development experience for both PC and console titles
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Source, or other game engines
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance, and other 2d/3d tools
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- The ability to take and give constructive criticism and maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be highly self-motivated and have the ability to work well within a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Check out our website.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.