(Closed) Esports Video Editor (m/f/d)
upday is Europe’s biggest mobile news service. We combine editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalization technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them.
As a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, our headquarters are in Berlin and we have seven further offices in other European cities. We are growing fast and looking for creative and committed people to help build the upday vision.
If you’re looking to join an international team full of fantastic talents that have the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company - look no further; we are your match!
To join the team building a brand-new esports product, we are looking for a full-time talented:
Become a specialist in state-of-the-art video editing
- editing expert: Together with a team of editors and designers you will bring our content to life. Ranging from short video snippets to longer stories to Instagram stories and YouTube videos
- engagement magician: Thanks to your productions our users will become even more enthusiastic about our brand and product due to the continuous instream of fresh and inspirational content to consume
- You know what’s up: When it comes to editing and combining various formats and programs you know your stuff like a pro. You are here to WOW our audience and have a talent to frame for the “money shot”
- share and develop cool and creative concepts, video effects and ideas in cooperation with our highly creative team.
- produce first-class content quickly whenever needed and in a day to day editorial setup
You are a passionate video editor with a soft spot for gaming
- have 2+ years of experience & strong skills in professional editing and animation
- are confident in using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro (or similar), After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, & Figma) and honed your skills
- love to create and bring your own new ideas to life rapidly as well as collaborate and work together with a talented team
- have a hands-on-mentality. You are an all-round talent who is flexible to take on new challenges even under stressful conditions
- are not afraid to just use your smartphone to start shooting in a creative and bold way
- speak fluent English
- you don’t whine when your team mates own you in Valorant, CS:GO, Fortnite, Dota, FIFA or League after working hours
Please note: To apply for this position it is mandatory to send in your showreel / portfolio of any relevant work you’ve done so far!
Benefit from a international and agile work environment and a wealth of benefits
- we have a fully equipped gaming area that we use after working hours - and all the other start-up gimmicks for a relaxing time
- being part of an international, very exciting and revolutionary project
- experienced colleagues from different departments of upday (tech, product, marketing, journalism)
- various of free drinks (also champagne on special occasions), fresh fruit twice a week and discount for our staff restaurant
- flexible working hours and suitable hardware for mobile working like a MacBook and a Samsung smartphone enable an ideal work-life balance
- work in a beautiful modern designer office in the heart of Berlin
Due to the current situation, the work is to be done from the home office.
When the Corona situation in Germany improves, a regular presence in the Berlin office is planned!
upday is a personalised news service that is exclusive to Samsung devices. We combine editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalisation technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them. Because our vision is to contribute to a better informed and more trustworthy world. Upday is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE with our headquarters in Berlin. We are growing fast and looking for creative and committed people to help build the upday vision. If you’re looking to join a young, dynamic, international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company - look no further.
Questions and answers about the application process
The most frequently asked questions and their answers can be found on our FAQ page: career.axelspringer.com/de/faq
Your contact person for this position (reference number 033400126 ) is Michelle Meitner.
Diversity is an essential part of our corporate culture! We are looking forward to receiving all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
You can find information about the representation for the severely disabled at Axel Springer as well as the contact details here: career.axelspringer.com/en/ksbv