Game Designer and Writer
The Game Designer/Writer will write engaging game narratives, craft novel game mechanics, create new worlds, and write effective instructional content for educational video games.
- Game Writing
- Game Design
- Instructional Design
- Talent Management
- Project Management
- Participant Management
- Literature Review
- Professional Learning Facilitation
Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 18-36 months of experience in interactive writing or game design
- Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
- Knowledge of instructional theories and design processes
- Knowledge of game and narrative design
- Knowledge of Game-Based Learning theories
- knowledge of learning principles
- Proficient in copy writing, editing, proofreading and composition
Advertised Physical Requirements
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motion and communicate effectively.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in interactive writing or game design
- Experience working in software development and/or education
- 1-5 Staff
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?
Special Indications: None