(Closed) Part-Time Esports Instructor
Online teaching positions are now available in the Esports Management Certificate Program. We are seeking qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and/or teaching experience in the topic of Esports marketing, event management, project management, and communication.
Specific Instructor Duties
- Develop and/or update course syllabi in consultation with the UCI Division of Continuing Education Director as assigned and using approved syllabus template
- Prepare and deliver online course materials and learning assessments in the assigned format
- Utilize the Canvas Learning Management System as the course support platform
- Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for the course
- Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes, and assign grades
- Post final student grades to the transcript system by set deadlines
- Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
- Handle student inquiries about final grades and consult with Director as needed
- Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
- Participate in required orientations and complete mandatory training programs by deadlines established by UC Irvine
- Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabi; posting bio and photo on the UCI
Division of Continuing Education website; signing quarterly contract; ordering required texts;
- Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the virtual classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
- Allow students to review their final exams/papers for up to 13 months following the last class session
- Use subject-matter expertise and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e.: make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
- Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
- Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
Our curriculum is constantly updated and tailored to bring students the background, expertise, and business practices to remain competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to our students’ work environments.
Part-time, temporary assignments are on an as-needed basis. This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part-time instructor applications all year long; when the division has a need to fill, we refer to the “pool” of applications on file. We are looking specifically for instructors who are qualified to teach the following course(s) as early as Fall quarter (beginning September 18).
Esports qualified instructors/experts are needed for a new program development. Topics of expertise include but are not limited to:
- History of Esports, ecosystems, infrastructure, genres, business models
- Esports event management and project management
- Marketing in Esports, promotions, KPI and performance data
- Currently working in the industry and have familiarity with industry trends
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the Instructor will be made no guarantee of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- 3-5 required (contact information only)