Web UX Lead Designer, Creator Experience
Unity is looking for an experienced design lead to help build new and exciting ways to work with assets, extensions and services across the Web, Unity Hub and Unity Editor! Leading a design team in Copenhagen, and integrating with global product and engineering partners, internal technical artists and professional users, you will help design innovative solutions for millions of users worldwide.
In this role, you will join Unity’s global design team – a diverse group of people who are passionate about empowering creativity through technology, and share in the belief that the world is a better place with more creators in it!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of passionate designers
- Help the team to build a cohesive user experience, bridging a huge online library of Assets and Extensions and finding the best user experience for consumption and publishing
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows & interactions
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business peers to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges – together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- Conduct design research, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure our users-first commitment
What we’re looking for
- Experience working with Online Stores, and Catalogs of products and simplifying user consumption and comprehension
- A portfolio of work that contains strong examples of design for Web AND/OR desktop applications, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- Passion and experience for designing technical software such as professional desktop software, creative tools, game engines and/or productivity tools
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to rally stakeholders around solving user problems
You might also have
- Experience of or close knowledge of the realtime creative industries and the needs of creators
- Experience in 2D and 3D content creation packages
- Programming skills are not required but familiarity with the basic concepts and workflows of software development is a plus
This is a full-time position based in our Copenhagen office, and we appreciate it if you attach your portfolio URL while submitting your application.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.