(Closed) UX Design Intern
We are looking for a UX Design Intern to help drive cutting edge XR technologies forward and amplify workflows for our creators. Joining Unity's XR Platform team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality!
Are you a student designer that is passionate about the XR space, and excited to take on new challenges? As a UX Designer Intern for the XR Platforms team, you are driven to create cohesive, purposeful, and joyful product experiences. You put users first and make design decisions based on research.
- Work collaboratively with designers, researchers, and product managers to enhance user experience
- Develop UX prototypes and mockups to drive and inform product direction
- Interpret user research, customer feedback, and market analysis to inform user-focused designs
- Design high-fidelity user interfaces in compliance with Unity design guidelines
- Provide design specifications and assets to engineers, and validate implementation
- Be registered to a Canadian university in a relevant program
- Having completed at least 1 relevant internships and/or be a Masters student
- Graduation date in December 2021 or in 2022
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- English Proficiency
- Familiar with XR development, with varying target devices from mobile AR to head mounted displays
- Mapping user flows, wireframing, and mockup development skills
- User interface design skills and experience with delivering designs to developers for implementation
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and the 3D domain
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience using Unity
- Experience coding, especially C#
- 3D modeling, spatial design skills
What to expect from your internship here?
- Duration: During 16 weeks, from May 3 to August 20 2021, you will develop your skills by contributing to stimulating projects that will have an actual impact on Unity products.
- Mentoring: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to
- help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
- Work culture: Unity has a relaxed work culture. You'll have the
- opportunity to work in a fun and stimulating environment, both at the studio and
- outside, or virtually. Learning activities, networking with inspirational people at Unity and social events are organized to enrich your internship experience.
- Empathy, respect and opportunity: Unity is an inclusive workplace where respect and opportunity are guaranteed for all during the career.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.