Sr. Data Scientist, Architectural Services
The Architectural Services group provides Unity’s developers with crucial opportunities for technical collaboration across the company that meaningfully improves how we build our products. This is accomplished by integrating with, storing, and analyzing large data sets that are enablers to make value-based business decisions that directly influence the way that we work as a company. As a Sr. Data Engineer working with the VP of Architectural Services, you will make an impact by navigating globally distributed data, provide insight on significant correlation and causality events, and improve our overall understanding of a given problem space. We do this in service to support the creation of sophisticated and engaging digital content.
What you’ll be doing
- Data integration, maintenance, and analysis using your problem-solving skills to reach data-informed conclusions
- Develop, optimize, data models to improve our technology and development practices
- Identify, define, and lead data engineering projects end-to-end
- Research and collaborate on solutions that achieve specific measurable goals
- Collaborate on your analysis, code, and approach with leadership to align with Unity's overall direction and needs
What we’re looking for
- Applied experience identifying, integrating, extracting, shaping data (Data warehousing & ETL) from various sources in production via on-prem or Cloud environments (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, GCP Big Table, AWS Aurora, or others)
- Applied experience publishing and communicating data in a production environment by setting up dashboards, websites, and building presentations
- Extensive experience developing applications with various programming/scripting languages utilizing light-weight front-end frameworks and microservices (e.g. Node/JS, Python, Go, Scala, R, or others)
- Professional experience leading data-centric projects from problem identification to production with excellent analysis and interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas or equivalent experience: Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analysis, or Data Engineering
You might also have
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Worked on large projects in a globally distributed, collaborative, and diverse environment
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.