Senior Solutions Engineer, Games
Unity is recruiting a Solutions Engineer with past experience as a Technical Artist to partner with our Americas business development team to drive new partnerships within our core games business. As a key member of the Americas business development team, you will be on the front lines with our most strategic customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them! We look for individuals that can approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in gaming development on multiple platforms. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and giving technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role can be performed from any North American Unity office or remotely.
What you’ll be doing
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key leader with vision in the Gaming industry, thus becoming a trusted advisor to the customer
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio and be able to take that expertise into the field (Unity editor and included features)
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions specialist for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience working with Shaders and material authoring
- Broad experience of 3D asset creation pipeline from DCC to engine (modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, variants, integration, profiling and optimizations)
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Have shipped games professionally, either built on Unity or other real-time engines (both is preferable) across a multitude of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.)
- Possess a positive, can-do demeanor with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
You might also have
- Experience in a customer-facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering, or field engineering role
- Experience developing artist facing tools using scripting languages (C#, Python, MaxScript, etc)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.