Software Development Support Intern
Unity’s Engine Support team is at the very front line of the company. Our customers are developing a huge range of games and applications in Unity, and they rely on us to keep their projects on track. Our team of highly qualified engineers tackles a wide variety of problems, which requires agile thinking and working skills.
During this 11 month paid internship, which starts summer 2020, you will work on a range of projects. You will get the chance to apply the software development knowledge you have acquired during your time at university. In return, you will be constantly learning about the latest features of Unity, and help nurture some of the most exciting games in development today.
- Work on support tickets, helping customers with their technical problems. Develop the skills to become a fully-capable team member
- Work with customer projects and develop best practices and tools for receiving, manipulating and navigating complex customer projects
- Work with tools for support engineers - and develop process improvements and time-saving tools for use by the Engine Support team
- You are currently studying Computer Science, Game Development or a related subject at University, looking for a placement year
- You are proficient with at least one programming language
- You have a strong desire to develop your Unity knowledge and help Unity users achieve their goals
- Experience with C++ or C# specifically is an advantage
- Experience of games or app development with Unity
- Knowledge relating to graphics programming (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL)
- Understanding of “performance” in software development, i.e. speed and memory utilization
- Experience in customer service (of any form)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.