Software Developer, Vivox
We are looking for a Software Developer to work on the Vivox team responsible for all the backend services for the Vivox voice communication service. Vivox is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100M people every month in every country in the world!
You will be responsible for implementing new services and maintaining and updating existing services. Vivox regularly provides services to millions of concurrent users so scale, stability, performance, and maintainability are critical. As a member of our server engineering team, you will have the opportunity to partner with Product Management to deliver features that meet customer needs and work closely with Operations to ensure our services can be managed, maintained, and provide a great player experience.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and debug server-side code
- Develop and improve automated test and loading scenarios to ensure functionality and stability
- Improve our processes to acquire better outcomes
- Be part of a team but be responsible for individual contributions
- Strive to deliver high-quality engineering
What we're looking for
- Have worked with 2 or more programming languages such as C/C++, Golang, or Python
- Be comfortable in a Linux environment
- Have participated in code review
- Be open and curious about programming languages and technologies
You might also have
- Ability to share knowledge and engage in technical discussions with peers, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge building high-performance and high-availability distributed systems
- Grit to persevere when you are making progress - Self-awareness to ask for help when you aren’t
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.