Software Developer, Unity Forma
Unity’s Montreal studio is currently expanding its software development team, with the goal to extend Unity’s success within the automotive, transportation and wider manufacturing industries (ATM). Part of this work will be implementing crucial Unity features to meet specific industry needs for one of our flagship products in ATM : Unity Forma.
You’re a skilled software developer with knowledge of use cases and technologies used in the automotive, transportation and wider manufacturing industries (ATM). You have used and interacted with complex systems. You’re passionate and resourceful, and intuitively work to turn complex requirements into simple, elegant solutions. And did we mention that you love real-time graphics? This team is creating the next step for driving industry growth and adoption in Unity, and we hope you're as passionate about it as we are!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop new tools, API’s and implement protocols
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity editor and services
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency developing with C# and/or C++
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution, not the fastest
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously and independently as required
- A passion for crafting usable, polished and enjoyable user experience
You might also have
- Experience with the Unity platform
- Experience with real-time multithreaded software development
- Experience with AR/VR and 3D softwares
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.