Software Developer Intern, Unity Technology Group
Students, please apply to your top choice internship position. Out talent acquisition specialist will redirect you to other opportunities if it is relevant.
Interested in working to solve the biggest challenges that real-time 3D content creators face every day? As a Software Developer Intern, you will become a member of the group responsible for a new, unannounced project as part of Unity's Technology team.
We're working at the nexus of the Unity Editor, Digital Content Creation / DCC tools (Maya, Blender), and Cloud services to build new workflows for real-time 3D content creators to empower them to create many times the amount of content they can today.
- Work with our team to develop and test new features in the Unity Editor relating to RT3D content layout and presentation
- Increase velocity on implementing UX tooling, data processing in editor, editor workflows
- Based on your experience and growth interests, you may have the opportunity to connect the Unity Editor more closely with the DCC tools and Cloud services that we are developing as part of this initiative
- Be registered to a Canadian university in a relevant program
- Having completed at least one relevant internship
- Graduation date in December 2021 or in 2022
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- English proficiency
- Software engineering fundamentals, such as algorithm design, debugging flows
- Competency in a modern programming language (C# preferred)
- Competency with file storage, load, and transfer.
- Experience working with real-time 3D content (meshes, shaders, materials, etc).
- Experience with client/server development
- Experience with Digital Content Creation / DCC tools (Maya, Blender, etc).
- Interest in solving the BIG problems in game development.
What to expect from your internship here?
- Duration: During 16 weeks, from May 3 to August 20 2021, you will develop your skills by contributing to stimulating projects that will have an actual impact on Unity products.
- Mentoring: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
- Work culture: Unity has a relaxed work culture. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fun and stimulating environment, both at the studio and outside, or virtually. Learning activities, networking with inspirational people at Unity and social events are organized to enrich your internship experience.
- Empathy, respect and opportunity: Unity is an inclusive workplace where respect and opportunity are guaranteed for all during the career.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.