Software Developer Intern, Editor, and R&D
Are you passionate about enhancing 3D creativity? As a Software Developer Intern, you will become a member of the group responsible for the Unity Editor and the R&D tools.
Depending on your profile, you could join different teams, such as UI, Scene Tools, DOTS Tools or Editor Framework, as well as Timeline, Audio/Video, Animation, Procedural GraphGraph Tool Foundation and Visual Scripting. These teams are transforming the future or real-time 3D!
Your responsibilities include working with your peers to design, develop and test in accordance with established standards. You will maintain current systems and improve their performance, testability and stability.
- Be registered to a Canadian university in a relevant program
- Having completed at least one relevant internship
- Graduation date in December 2021 or in 2022
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- English proficiency
- C# ou C ++
- Ability to discuss and understand software design fluently and in depth
- Strong attention to details
- Experience with the Unity platform
- Experience in Data Oriented Design
- Experience with game engine development
- Experience with another game engine
- Experience with cross-platform software development
- Experience with user interface and tooling development
- Experience with softwares such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke and Katana
- Experience with standard VFX file formats (Alembic, USD), and production renderers (VRay, Arnold, and RenderMan)
- Experience with Visual Scripting tools
- Familiarity with some of the following: 3D geometry, shaders, mesh skinning, character rigging, animation, texturing
What to expect from your internship here?
- Duration: During 16 weeks, from May 3 to August 20 2021, you will develop your skills by contributing to stimulating projects that will have an actual impact on Unity products.
- Mentoring: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship.
- Work culture: Unity has a relaxed work culture. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fun and stimulating environment, both at the studio and outside, or virtually. Learning activities, networking with inspirational people at Unity and social events are organized to enrich your internship experience.
- Empathy, respect and opportunity: Unity is an inclusive workplace where respect and opportunity are guaranteed for all during the career.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.