Senior Technical Writer
The Documentation team at Unity is growing and we’re looking for an experienced technical writer with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and excellent writing and editing skills.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, quickly form good working relationships, and work collaboratively to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products. This includes a mix of writing from scratch and revising draft documents supplied by developers.
The Pixyz team provides products and solutions to bridge two worlds that are not compatible by design: the design/engineering/manufacturing world and the world of real-time 3D experiences. Working with this team, you’ll help people learn how to create workflows that conform and convert large and complex data into real-time 3D standards.
You’ll be part of a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing, editing, and reviewing technical documentation to support software releases
- Supporting multiple development teams to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software release schedule
- Using internal templates, standards and our in-house style guide (based on the Microsoft Writing Style Guide) to create clear and reusable content
- Helping a globally distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing community
- Championing the role and importance of documentation within Unity and across the writing community
What we’re looking for
- Experience working as a technical writer on different types of documentation such as API guides, programmer guides, installation guides, and user manuals
- Experience writing and publishing user-facing documentation for an international audience
- Excellent computing skills, ideally with an understanding of programming
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and delivering results within tight deadlines
You might also have
- Understanding of tools and techniques used to transform and optimize 3D data for use in real-time applications
- Experience producing documentation using MadCap Flare, Markdown, and/or XML, as well as understanding of source control tools (e.g. GitHub, Mercurial)
- Experience using Pixyz tools or Unity
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.