Senior Technical Program Manager, Foundation
We’re looking for a highly skilled Technical Program Manager who will work with developers to make sure our feature development is defined in unison with product, and in sync with the needs of the organization. As a member of Foundation, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other disciplines, supporting the teams in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company.
Here is a unique opportunity to work side by side with the teams involved in crafting and developing some of the core features of our engine. The area of influence of this role is broad, and has the potential to have enormous positive impact on our users.
The Asset Pipeline team has teams in North America and Denmark, so you will need to be comfortable with working across timezones. Due to the distributed nature of the team, some international travel is to be encouraged in the future.
For this role, you need to be comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, mentor, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a dedication to encouraging a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your people skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
What you’ll be doing
- Always be iterating on production processes and methodologies to continuously improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility. Work with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against them.
- Lead by example with well facilitated meetings, clear agendas, and timely follow through on actions.
- Coordinate with engineering leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of feature development goals and partner commitments.
- Use effective communication, tools, and program management strategies to ensure that goals are met, internal partners are informed, and teams are up-to-date with progress.
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go bold!
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience).
- Ability to gracefully handle change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external; Listening to, speaking with, and resolving differences with subject matter authorities.
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mentality. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well. Build and embed best practices with your teams.
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software or asset intensive software development
You might also have
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Low-level software engineering experience
- Experience using the Unity engine or other 3d real-time engines
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.