Senior Software Test Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join our growing Release Engineering Quality Assurance team. The team is focused on the quality of the Unity Editor and Runtime before it is released to the public.
You will be responsible for evaluating and advising on the quality of the Unity engine before it is publicly released to our users. Your quality assurance experience combined with technical background and software development knowledge will enable you to have significant impact in this role.
One of Unity’s core values is User’s first and your ability to aid in the delivery of quality software will enable them to create and maintain projects with the minimum amount of friction.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans
- Review quality effort on new features and changes suggesting correct course of action where necessary
- Prioritize and coordinate testing activities for the Release Engineering QA team
- Monitor the bug database and raise any risks such as volume of incoming issues, stale defects or fix success rate
- Publish status reports to broadcast the quality of the upcoming release
- A good verbal & written communicator with a talent for presenting complex information in a way that is easy to understand
- Hands on usage of Unity or other game/3D engines
- Experience using QA and development tools such as Jira, TestRail and Git
- Proficiency working with remote Quality and Development teams
- QA methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Background in Games development, automotive or film production
- An understanding of Google Data Studio or writing SQL queries
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.