Senior Software Engineer, WebGL
The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac, Linux and WebGL at Unity. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the oldest and most loved gaming platforms of all time. Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape some of the newest.
You have probably worked on performance-critical, cross-platform applications in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. You may also be familiar with real-time, browser-based application development using technologies such as HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly or Emscripten. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers who are deploying Unity to the Web, we want to hear from you.
- Maintain and extend “Unity WebGL”, Unity’s Web-based platform
- Help build 1.0 of Project Tiny, Unity’s new DOTS runtime for instant games
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements
- Communicate with browser vendors such as Google, Mozilla, Apple and Microsoft to help keep Unity at the frontier of the Web’s ever-changing landscape
- Enable developers to ship the best games and experiences possible for the Web
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Development experience with technologies such as LLVM, WebGL, Emscripten and/or WebAssembly
- Working knowledge of current Web Standards and browser compatibility
- OpenGL experience
- C# development experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.