Senior Software Engineer, Graphics
Join Unity to work as a Senior Graphics Engineer on Project Tiny. Project Tiny is a completely new runtime utilizing high performance C#, Burst, and DOTS. It aims to bring Unity to platforms where the full Unity Engine is too heavy weight. We care deeply about fast startup time, high performance, and small binary size for targets such as instant games, playable ads and wearable devices.
- Design and implement graphics algorithms in a cross platform and resource constrained environment
- Profile, optimize and debug code on a unique technology stack
- Take ownership of new features from conception to shipping
- Work closely with early adopter game developers to help them succeed
- Good working experience with at least two graphics APIs (OpenGL, OpenGL ES, DirectX, Vulkan, Metal)
- Excellent working knowledge of the graphics pipeline
- Solid low level programming skills: C, Assembly, profiling, optimization, and debugging
- High level 3D graphics algorithms (scene and render graph, culling, LOD, shadowing, reflections, etc.)
- Practical mathematics for 3D graphics (transforms, lighting, sampling, etc.)
- C# programming experience
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Game or engine development background
- WebGL and WASM experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.