Senior Software Engineer, Campaign Valuation
At Unity Monetization, we build high-throughput distributed systems and products around machine learning on a scale of hundreds of thousands of apps. Our Monetization platform processes TBs of data and delivers relevant content to hundreds of millions of users every day. We are investing heavily in deep learning and deep reinforcement learning on multiple fronts. In Helsinki, we develop cutting edge machine learning-centric products that provide millions of predictions each and every second to optimize the efficiency and profitability of user acquisition advertising campaigns.
We are now looking for a Software Engineer to join the Campaign Valuation team that is building one of the key components in the Unity Monetization stack! You will contribute and take the ownership over deploying and operating deep neural network algorithms making sure that the developers and gamers have the best advertisement experience. We expect you to actively contribute with new ideas and drive execution end-to-end.
Our technology stack is crafted for a high-volume environment, with Golang, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Tensorflow, and many other tools selected to fit the purpose. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and own new highly scalable services that bring substantial business impact
- Work on services and data pipelines to deploy and operate machine learning models for predicting user behaviour in games they have never played
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
What we’re looking for
- Solid experience in software development for service-oriented architectures processing thousands of requests per second
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Strong focus on quality
You might also have
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and Google Cloud Platform, we build and own our infrastructure
- Experience in mobile advertisement, gaming, or online trading
- Experience with machine learning concepts and big data pipelines is also a huge plus
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.