Senior Software Development Consultant
Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for developers to collaboratively develop innovative software with Unity's largest customers across a variety of exciting fields, such as games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and an excellent communicator, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include designing and implementing software systems either in or surrounding the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine, interacting with customers, analyzing the Unity Engine source code, and keeping your skills and knowledge up to date.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
Post Covid-This role might involve occasional travel to customers' offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Visit customers for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues and improve their existing workflows
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and uses cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering Manager in scoping projects for customers across a wide range of verticals, such as games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace and architecture
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience in writing shaders
- Experience in the Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- You have shipped games on mobile devices, XR devices, or console platforms.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.