Senior Software Developer, Mobile
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join Unity's Multiplayer Suite. Our team is responsible for a cross-platform product that provides multiplayer voice and text services to the biggest names in the games industry. By adding safe communication to their games, our customers build and retain communities that are fun and engaging for everybody!
Do you want to work on software that is installed on millions of devices worldwide? Our team is a fast-paced team that has a direct and meaningful impact on the user experience! You will collaborate with engineers, product managers, and others to build a first-in-class experience with our products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Improve our users’ experience by making changes and developing new features in our client code.
- Collaborate with other developers to build high-quality software that runs on a multitude of platforms including consoles, mobile and desktop.
- Work with a team who come with various experiences in and out of the gaming industry.
What we’re looking for:
- Highly proficient with C++.
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: digital signal processing, networking, real-time threading, and/or memory management.
- Experience with Android or IOS software development
- A desire to build outstanding developer and player experiences.
- A record of diving into an existing codebase and making positive and creative changes.
You might also have:
- iOS native development experience.
- Android native software development with the NDK and JNI
- Experience working on software crafted to run across platforms.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.