Senior Software Developer, Developer Experience
Our technology stack is built to create proven products that allow us to operate in a changing environment. Stability, quality, and adaptability of code are our core values of our group. We are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable Unity to scale towards the future and meet customer requirements. We do multiple deployments to production per day, so we can adapt quickly with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Developer Experience group. You will be part of the leadership group that is working on providing platforms for other teams here at Unity to succeed in their mission in building great Gaming Services to our customers. The team is responsible for rethinking our identity and access management (IAM) from developers, to players, to consumers to provide a foundation for different services to be built in a standard way for end users. You will have an impact in crafting a platform which will make the user experience as smooth as our feature teams envisioned it while solving hard technical problems to support our existing services infrastructure and expanding that as we grow.
We are building our developer and player identity platforms into a versatile IAM system to be used by teams across Unity. We would like you to come to build this platform with us.
What you'll be doing
- Joining the senior engineering leadership group and coordinating development efforts across teams, units and organizations — both short and long term
- Work with key partners across engineering teams to align, conceptualize and develop plans that align with our mission
- Ensure high-quality delivery with alignment and mentoring
- Drive projects across feature teams of software engineers passionate about delivering high impact solutions
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
What we're looking for
- Solid experience in software development and different software testing practices
- Experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
- Experience in driving things forward, taking initiatives, making decisions and taking ownership on how things are solved
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions
- Knowledge of Go, Java, C++, C or Node.js
You might also have
- Previous experience in IAM solutions for other product companies
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, etc.) and infrastructure as code
- Experience in leadership positions
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.