Senior Product Manager, Game Server Hosting
At Unity we are reinventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and operated over its lifetime. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online with the best possible play experience.
You will be joining the Product Management Team to help shape the direction and the future of multiplayer game hosting, scaling, and winning in the very crowded gaming space. Product Management is an integral part of the business ensuring that the product is aligned to the business strategy and is delivering value to our customers.
The day to day role will revolve around understanding the requirements that we have from customers, industry trends and the wider business. These requirements will then need to be transformed into something our excellent development team can build, our designers can craft, and our sales & marketing can pitch.
It’s not all hard work though, we do sometimes enjoy a cheeky lunchtime gaming session alongside regular activities such as board game nights, escape rooms and charity events!
What you’ll be doing
- Capture and technically document user needs through interviews, surveys, and aggregating feedback from users.
- Draft Product Requirement Documents, Epics, User Stories and Feature Descriptions for the development and design teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define solutions to the problems users face, and validate these ideas throughout the development process.
- Act as the key authority and point of contact for the product, the users problem space.
- Coordinate departments to create and implement decisive roadmap and priorities from product inception through launch.
- Measure success, collect, evaluate and report on data & feedback to make adjustments to development plans as needed to facilitate an outstanding product rollout.
- Communicate successes and challenges upwards and outwards throughout the entire product lifecycle.
What we're looking for
- Strong focus on user first, with demonstrated experience in simplifying complex technologies into simple workflows
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate and effectively discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Experience with hosting or cloud based products that operate globally, at scale.
- Experience identifying various user problem gaps or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions with your teams
- Strong capability to drive influence, alignment and adoption among cross-functional teams for new solutions from start to finish
You might also have
- Games industry experience, with empathy and passion for solving the unique problems game developers face
- Passion for gaming
- Awareness of game industry trends, specifically around multiplayer gaming
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.