Senior Product Designer, XR
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help drive cutting edge XR technologies forward and amplify workflows for our creators. Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. You will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. This role is directly involved with both evolving Unity and also working with partners who will help us craft this exciting new space.
We’re looking for a designer that is passionate about XR and excited to take on new challenges in this brand-new area of XR. As a Senior Product Designer at Unity, you are driven to create cohesive, purposeful, and joyful product experiences. You put users first and make design decisions based on research.
What you’ll be doing
- Work collaboratively with designers, engineers, and product managers to enhance user experience
- Develop UX prototypes and mockups to drive and inform product direction
- Interpret user research, customer feedback, and market analysis to inform user-focused designs
- Design high-fidelity user interfaces in compliance with Unity design guidelines
- Provide design specifications and assets to engineers, and validate implementation
What we’re looking for
- Experience with XR development in Unity, with varying target devices from mobile AR to head mounted displays
- Mapping user flows, wireframing, and mockup development skills
- User interface design skills and experience with delivering designs to developers for implementation
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and the 3D domain
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
You might also have
- Experience coding, especially C#
- 3D modeling
- Spatial design skills
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.