Senior Operations Developer
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and dedicated full-time Operations Developer to help us meet the needs of our evolving Unity cloud services. You’ll help manage our growing infrastructure, ensuring our systems stay up and perform well while refining our processes for operating our global production environments. You will partner with development teams in designing and implementing the infrastructure, configuration management, and software systems we use to host, manage, and monitor cloud service projects. A desire and aptitude to learn new technologies is essential, as well as an eagerness to tackle new projects. You will be taking part in creating new and innovative tools and services that are enabling a new era of digital creators.
- Work as part of a DevOps team and partner with developers, both locally and across multiple offices, coordinating across different time zones, and participating in periodic on-call rotations as needed
- Drive operational processes and provide infrastructure skills and expertise for a range of projects
- Design, create and evolve infrastructure solutions for new services while helping to support and expand infrastructure for existing services
- Help build skill sets among development team partners in monitoring and managing infrastructure
- Mentor and promote leading industry best-practices
- Experience with administrating hybrid cloud infrastructure including remote data centers and public cloud hosting providers (VMware and GCP preferred)
- Experience with Packer, Kubernetes, and Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools as well as automation and configuration management tools (Puppet preferred)
- Build, deployment, and testing tools using Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Familiarity with Stackdriver/ELK, Grafana, and Prometheus, or similar monitoring, logging, and analytics tools
- Development and scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python and/or Golang
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with both local and remote partners/teams
- Administration experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with network management, protocols, and troubleshooting network behaviors
- Experience with Microsoft Windows servers
- Video game industry experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit our website.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.