Senior Online Advocate
The Technical Marketing Online team is looking for a Unity generalist and content creator to join us in creating content to raise online awareness about Unity. The primary outlet for the team is video, distributed in both live and pre-recorded formats via YouTube, LinkedIn ect.
The role involves working with teams across Unity to help our community discover and understand new features which are being released and explaining them in a straightforward and accurate way through the creation of demo videos and blog posts.
The ideal candidate should be someone who has developed projects in Unity, understands the online Unity community and is passionate about helping that community to be more successful.
This is a communications role so excellent written and spoken English are very important. The ability to speak and present to an audience in an engaging way is also important, therefore candidates with experience in teaching, public speaking or stage performance are encouraged to apply.
Much of our content is released in video form so experience with video production, animation and audio recording is also important. Experience with live streaming or YouTube content production and marketing is also very important to the role. Candidates with a strong social media presence and proven ability to promote content online will be favorably considered.
- Planning, writing and presenting training content for recorded videos
- Building small demos or customizing existing demos in order to demonstrate Unity features including art, code and audio
- Staying ahead of Unity features and changes by regularly trying new features from Alpha and Beta builds.
- Maintaining a regular customer facing profile on community sites and social media
- Working cross-functionally across the Unity organization with R&D, Marketing, Education and Business Development
- Experience releasing content on YouTube
- A passion for Unity, Game Development and the desire to engage with our community and help them succeed by using the latest Unity features
- Ability to work autonomously delivering high quality content on a fast paced, deadline driven team in a globally distributed organization across multiple time zones.
- Ability to understand a feature and communicate to our users how it will help them succeed in a concise, information rich format
- Intermediate experience with using Unity with an Intermediate ability to code in C#
- Portfolio showing examples of completed Unity projects, blog posts, videos and/or related content
- Strong online presence and demonstrated ability to communicate via social media, blogs and other online communication platforms
- Video production skills (filming, recording audio, lighting)
- Video post-production skills (Editing, animation, audio mixing)
- Experience as an educator, online content creator or broadcaster
- Blogging experience
- Advanced C# coding or other advanced programming experience.
- Shipped complete games or other interactive projects, preferably with Unity.
- YouTube optimization and promotion experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.