Senior Manager, Technical Program Management, Operations
We're looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated technical program management leader to scale communication and collaboration across R&D. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with technical program managers, engineering leadership, and product management from across the organization, helping to improve transparency, quality, and predictability in the development process while preserving Unity's unique culture. R&D is in a period of transformation for scale, and this role is key to our success.
You will lead a team of technical program & project managers, with the shared mission of providing high level visibility, evangelizing for shared best practices, and generally scaling how we plan and execute against goals. As R&D teams are broadly distributed through North America, Europe, and beyond, some international travel is to be expected.
As the ideal candidate, you ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for development teams. You are relationship-driven, and comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your communication skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
- Lead, support, and grow a team of technical project/program managers as we scale and mature operations within R&D
- Act as a collaborative agent for program management, maintaining and maturing clear artifacts to facilitate top-level tracking against R&D goals
- Design and implement planning practices that scale across R&D in a way that embraces team autonomy
- Circulate regular progress updates, keeping the organization oriented in the same direction as we move through the development cycle
- Work closely with stakeholder teams such as Support, Release Engineering, Documentation, etc. to help address challenges of scale as Unity R&D continues to grow
- Internalize and evangelize Unity's core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go BOLD
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, including hands-on experience with one or more scaled agile methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, including executive leadership
- Experience managing and mentoring project / program managers directly
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Experience with enterprise-scale software development
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Have led an engineering organization through a period of heavy change/growth
- Game development experience (Unity engine or otherwise)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world's leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity's platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company's 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.